The Allurette gentle washer is our latest product due for release in early 2017, so be sure to sign up to our mailing list for exclusive news about the official launch. It’s the best way to guarantee that you’re one of the first to get your hands on the world's gentlest, most portable washing machine.
What is the Allurette gentle washer?
Following the success of our Scrubba wash bag, we realised the need for a more effective way to wash delicate fabrics at home. In response to customer feedback and our own knowledge about the frustrations of hand washing, we started designing a new wash bag that would combine the most durable materials with the gentlest possible washing method, working toward the ultimate goal of simplifying the way we wash delicate clothes. The Allurette gentle washer, the outcome of our desire to combine the effectiveness of a machine wash with the gentleness of hand washing, was born shortly after.
In our busy lives we all look for shortcuts, and the time consuming, skin-damaging, and often messy process of hand washing is usually one of the first areas where we find ourselves cutting corners. However, even the gentlest cycle on our washing machines can damage delicate fabrics, resulting in fading, tearing, and costly clothes repairs or replacements. With Allurette we aim to overcome these problems by combining the quality and convenience of a machine wash with the gentle care of hand washing. Our goal is to add a little more flexibility and convenience to women’s lives, giving back the time and care that are too often diminished by busy schedules. At its core, Allurette embraces unique styles and helps you maintain your own sense of wellness, ensuring that you can focus on what’s really important: looking and feeling exactly how you want.
The Allurette gentle washer vs. The Scrubba wash bag:
If you’re familiar with our famous Scrubba wash bag, you might be wondering how the new Allurette gentle washer compares to our pocket-sized washing machine. Due to the popularity and success of our Scrubba wash bag, we’re happy to announce that we’ve preserved most of its basic design elements, changing only small details to create a new product that specialises in washing delicate clothing.
Equipped with a gentler version of the Scrubba wash bag’s flexible washboard, Allurette has been specially designed for the most delicate of clothes. The bag is also slightly lighter at 112g (3.95oz), and measures in at a smaller ~49 cm x 26 cm (19.3 x 10.2 inches) when laid flat. Portable and compact, it’s perfect for both home and travel, particularly when it comes to washing small loads and delicate outfits for business trips. Quick and convenient without compromising care and quality, Allurette is the small product that is making a big difference.
How does it help?
Allurette is the world’s first compact, electricity-free gentle washer for delicate clothes and fabrics, allowing you to confidently buy and wear exactly what you want without care and maintenance concerns holding you back. The Allurette:
- Is lightweight at only 112g (3.95oz)
- Is highly portable
- Features an ultra-gentle, flexible internal washboard
- Is enclosed and self-contained for a mess-free wash
- Requires no electricity
- Uses minimal water
Because Allurette offers the quality of a machine wash with the gentleness of a hand wash, it gives you the freedom to easily care for delicate clothing, including most types of:
- Active wear
- Cotton linen
- Clothing with metallic thread
- Beaded or sequined clothing
- Baby clothes
The Allurette gentle washer provides the easiest care for such delicate clothing because it:
- Saves time: Like the Scrubba wash bag, Allurette contains a flexible, internal washboard equipped with hundreds of resilient ‘nodules’ that provide a machine-quality wash in just three minutes.
- Extends the life of your clothes: Thanks to Allurette’s ultra-gentle washboard, you can now wear the clothes that require a little extra care and wash them without damage, helping to extend their life and to prevent time-consuming repairs.
- Saves money: Longer lasting clothes means less money spent on their replacement or restoration and now, thanks to Allurette’s lightweight, compact design, you can care for your delicate clothes anywhere, anytime. No more forking out exorbitant amounts for the battered, unpredictable machines that litter stuffy laundromats, and no more creating a huge mess in an unhygienic hotel sink. Simply pack your Allurette gentle washer in your suitcase, backpack, or handbag, and travel with confidence, flaunting your own sense of fashion and style.
- Avoids mess: Allurette is self-contained, preventing you from having to mop up any soapy spills - ideal for anyone who avoids hand washing because the clean-up takes longer than the washing process itself.
- Protects your skin: Hand washing exposes you to harsh chemicals that, over time, can dry out your skin, leaving it cracked and worn. This can make hand washing a truly problematic task, especially for those who suffer from sensitive skin or conditions such as eczema. Allurette enables you to wash while keeping your hands dry and separate from liquid detergents, helping to protect your skin by reducing painful cracking.
- Cares for the environment: Because Allurette requires no electricity, uses minimal water, and enables grey water to be disposed of away from the water source, you can enjoy using your Allurette anywhere, confident in the knowledge that you’re respecting the environment and helping to maintain the beautiful planet that we all share.
Allurette helps you look and feel exactly how you want by protecting your skin, your clothes, and the environment, allowing you to confidently maintain your own style without compromise. Perfect for delicate garments and sensitive skin, Allurette cares for the clothes that you love with minimal time and effort. It’s the ultimate shortcut and really does offer the easiest, gentle care for the clothes you love to wear!
Approximately 49 cm x 26 cm (19.3 x 10.2 inches) when laid flat and
13 cm x 6 cm x 6 cm (5.1 x 2.4 x 2.4 inches) when conveniently rolled and clipped.
9 litres (2-3L working volume)